Sometimes, even the most positive people can have a bad day. It’s when this becomes a habit that staffing managers begin to notice the quality of work suffering and the attention to detail lacking. But you have the power to bring a little fun back into the workplace and help motivate and refresh your team. Here are 10 things you can do today to get everyone excited again.
- Pizza party. We knew it when we were 6 and we know it now. Pizza can raise spirits, so there is no reason not to tap into that resource. Celebrate anything from success to random Wednesdays by ordering pizza from a favorite local spot.
- Public recognition. When a member of your team goes above and beyond, that shouldn’t be kept secret. Create a program that can publicly recognize when someone on your staff reaches a major milestone.
- Happy hour. Happy hour, whether it involves alcohol or not, is a nice treat. Some places will offer this at 4 p.m. on a Friday afternoon in the office. Others will close up shop early and convene at a local bar to spend time with coworkers outside of the office.
- Training classes. Your team also wants to expand their horizons. Offer training courses and opportunities to enroll in continuing education. This also gives the staff member the opportunity to help train the rest of your staff on what they learn.
- Friday fun. There are many ways you can use Fridays to have a little fun in the office. Everyone knows that productivity starts to slip, so provide incentives. For example, if you have a business attire dress code, offer for employees to wear jeans on Fridays.
- Reward talent. Of course, a reward system is also encouraged. Not only should you recognize a staff member when they’ve accomplished something, but they should have an award. This could be a bonus or other special gift.
- Show gratitude. You don’t even have to spend a penny to incentivize your staff. The best thing you can do is say thank you. You will also begin to notice that gratitude is contagious and if you are grateful to your staff, they will also be more thankful in turn.
- Fun contests. You can also create competitions for your staff to earn bonuses or other prizes. Friendly competition can help get your staff motivated and interact with one another to achieve greater success.
- Give back. Another way to help motivate your staff is to become community minded. Many employees, especially young adults just out of college, what to work for organizations with a service mindset. Offer volunteering programs or charity fundraisers.
- Celebrate teamwork. Lastly, don’t forget that building teamwork increases your employees’ chances of success. You can do this by celebrating team-based accomplishments. Creative ways to reward productivity within group settings.
How can you make your office more fun?
About Anserteam Workforce Solutions
The ANSER to your North American workforce management needs starts with A-Team solutions. Anserteam is the alliance of North American staffing and employment resources. Since 2004, Anserteam has grown to service over 1,500 locations across the United States and Canada. Are you a best-in-class staffing firm looking to increase your client base and secure a greater market share? Find out how to become part of Anserteam. Contact us to learn more!